An advocate for Laureate’s total information security needs, is responsible for the development and delivery of a comprehensive information security strategy to optimize the security posture of the company. Report to Laureate executives the effectiveness of the company’s information security program.
Laureate International Universities is a leading international of more than 80 accredited campus-based and online universities offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 950,000 students in 29 countries around the world
• Responsible for the strategic leadership of Laureate’s information security program, establishing a comprehensive information security program for the entire company in support of academic and administrative information systems and technology.
• Manage a company-wide information security governance processes and lead the establishment of the corporate information security program.
Policy, Compliance and Audit
• Lead development and implementation of effective policies and practices to secure protected and sensitive data, ensure information security and compliance with relevant legislation and legal interpretation.
• Coordinate and track all information security related audits including scope of audits, institutions involved, timelines, auditing agencies.
Awareness, Education and Training
• Create education and awareness programs, advise operating units at all levels on security issues, best practices, and vulnerabilities.
• Pursue student security initiatives to address unique needs in protecting identity theft, mobile social media security and online reputation program.
Risk Management and Incident Response
• Lead and manage the Security Incident Response Team addressing and investigating security incidences that may arise.
• Develop, implement and administer technical security standards, as well as a suite of security services and tools to address and mitigate security risk.